Friday, December 11, 2015

Catherine Bracelet - Forest Green & Suede Gold


CATHERINE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • CzechMates "Bronze Antique" (Nirvana Beads)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede" (dark gold)
  • 4mm druks "Bronze Antique" (Nirvana Beads)

This pattern is from the AndreaCatherineJewel Etsy shop and you can buy it HERE. I don't enjoy making 2-needle projects so I made this bracelet with one needle. I also eliminated the 15/0 seed beads and used all 11/0 beads except on the ends of the bracelet. I used full size CzechMates instead of Bricks and replaced the fire polished beads with druks.

I visited Beadoholique on Small Business Saturday for their 30% off everything sale. I bought quite a few goodies that day including these unique 2-hole Czech Tile beads. I don't think that they're actually CzechMate brand beads but the size and shape is the same. I'm pretty sure that they're from Nirvana Beads and I haven't seen this color anywhere else. On a previous shopping trip to Beadoholique, I bought the matching 4mm druks. The druks and tile beads are a very dark forest green with flecks of gold all over them. Nirvana Beads is a wholesale site so you'll have to buy their beads in a retail shop. I've seen lots of their beads in Etsy shops online.

My bracelet came out cute but I'm not entirely happy with the seed beads around the druks. Some of them aren't going nicely around the druks like they should and I'm not sure why. I also think that I prefer the way the bracelet looks with CzechMates Bricks than with the full size tiles. At least I can take the bracelet apart and make something else with the beads if I find a design that I like better for the tile beads.






1 comment: